Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Years ago, I was sad for Dwight Yoakam when I learned he was bald. Workout Shuffle for 8/1/11

 I was a little sad for Dwight when I saw him without his hat for the first time.  But then I learned he was dating Sharon Stone, who was at the peak of her hotness at the time, and I realized his lack of hair probably wasn't hurting him much.  I'm not a big fan of modern country music, but Dwight Yoakam is great.  This is probably because he takes his cue from the late Buck Owens.  I had the opportunity to see him in concert with my dad several years ago in Savannah at a small, theater venue downtown.  Buck had recently passed away and the show seemed like a real tribute to him.  Anyway, here's today's random shuffle list from my workout.  These random songs keep me going as they surprise me.


Anchorage - Michelle Shocked
Like a Rolling Stone - Little Bobby Zimmerman
Goin' Back to Cali - LL Cool J (huh, I don't think so)
Stumblin' In - Suzi Quattro (yes, that's Leather Tuscadero singing)
Disco Inferno (radio edit) - Fiddy
Fight the Power - Public Enemy
Crystalized - The xx
Love is like a Rock - Donnie Iris
Millenium - Robbie Williams
Cold Turkey - John Lennon
Country Livin' - Esthero (shout out to Jeffinerd for this one)
You're the One - Dwight Yoakam
Evening Dance - Yellowjackets
Albatross - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Please, please, please, let me get what I want - She & Him (I love Zooey Deschanel)

No comments: